This is Hyde Daily Photo Volume 1 (2006-2011) which is now in archive mode. For recent photographs please visit Hyde Daily Photo Volume 2. Additional material and links to blogger friends can be found at Hyde DP Xtra.

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Way to Liverpool


Just off Osborne Road is an access point to the TransPennine Trail and National Cycle Route #62 which could take you all the way to Liverpool and beyond.

Locally it will take you from the Stockport Road Bridge along the disused Godley to Apethorn railway line to an entrance to Gower Hey Wood.

5 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

There is something nostalgic in this picture!
Beatles' birthplace must be a magical place to visit!
God bless you!
Léia

Tom said...

I remember that at one time there was a bench on the corner of Osbourne Road.. I've sat on it many a time. The nill across the lines was part of the old Redferns Rubber Works where my Dad worked until he died in 1970.
I would walk the old train lines collecting coal and wood for our fire.... One simple picture Gerald but it holds my memories for me.

penny said...

That path way looks very mysterious and intriguing to me. I would have to go and take a look-see...

Maria Verivaki said...

the way to liverpool certainly look very wet!

Rune Eide said...

It looks like the kind of lane that make me take up cycling again.

PS Beyond Liverpool? Irish sea and water cycle? :-)

Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Gerald England.

In most cases, clicking on the photograph will reveal a larger-sized image.

Followers

Cluster Map